Friday, October 25, 2013

Headed to Veterans State Park

So we were on the road, we had about a 2 hour drive to our next stop, and I was killing time by talking o my mom on the phone, when I saw something come flying out of the dually, I noticed that it was the cover to one of our generators, I was tempted to just let it go because we were on the highway doing 65, but I knew how much Shane loved them covers, so I quickly pulled off to the side of the road, and ran back to pick it up.  Then i called Shane to let him now he owed me one, and to slow down because I had some catching up to do.  He had no idea of any it.
I finally caught back up to him, and then I was staring at the passenger side tire of the camper, I thought I was seeing things, or my mind was playing tricks on me because of the tire issue we had already had, but I could swear I could see a tire wobbling back and forth, I thought it would be best to just call Shane and have him stop so we could take a look at it.  Better safe than sorry right.  So he pulled over to the side of the road on an exit ramp, and we both got out to look at it, and sure enough we had a tire that was getting ready to blow out, we could tell because the tread was bubbled up, instead of being flat, UGHHHHHH!!!!  So we got on our phones and started trying to find somewhere close by that would have tires for us, and of course, no carried the size we needed.  So now what??  Well, I happened to look up at the sign by the exit and it said Twin Oaks Campground .2 miles away, perfect someplace close we can go until we can figure out where we are going to get our tires from.  So I quickly looked them online, got the number, called to make sure they have openings, they did, and we headed in.  Paid for 2 nights, and explained our situation to the campground owners, they were very nice, and put us in a spot that we could stay longer in if we had to, also gave m a couple numbers of some nearby tire places that maybe could help us out.  Unfortunately, we had no luck locating the tires we needed, so we opted to order them online, and have them shipped to the campground, which the owners were also fine with.  Only 1 big problem...... 6 days..... Yikes, I mean this is a nice park and all, but not that nice!!  And we are in one of those towns that has not much to it, Elko Georgia, need I say more?  Anyways, we are stuck here until Wednesday.  Tires are supposed to be in on Tuesday, we are hoping to be able to get them all mounted and balanced before Wednesday so we can get back on the road.  Until then we are just catching up, and running some errands.
I will right in a day or so and let ya know how things are going then.

No comments:

Post a Comment