Thursday, July 17, 2014

Ahhhh, finally in Michigan

Friday June 26th
We arrived at my Mom's house around 8:30pm last night, and got all set up, and sat around and chatted with the folks for a bit, then called it an evening.  Tonight my friend Nikki is coming over to hang out, we will make some burgers and dogs on the grill and have a fire as Taylor is here also.  So me, Shane, my mom, Ken, Taylor, and Dan, and Nikki, and Gavin all hung out and had some drinks.  It was so nice to chill and chat, and catch up with everyone.
The rest of the days we caught up on laundry, and paperwork, and we managed to squeeze in some trips to the parks for some short hikes



And we went to the quarry to do a little swimming and floating around in the water



While Taylor id here she has to go to Mathnasium for math tutoring, so I offered to help my Mom take her twice a week, while she was there (for 11/2 hours), I decided to do some shopping!!  So Jemma got a new bed



I also picked up some shirts for the Redneck Hoedown at Franca's property for the 4th of July.  We decided to brave it and take our rig to her property and stay the weekend.  Originally we had planned on seeing some sights after our rally in Escanaba (up in the U.P.) but we decided that since we would be only a couple hours away from the U.P. when we are at Franca's, we decided to just head up before our rally and see some sights. 
I also got Shane to finally hang up our TV bracket in the bedroom, so now I don't have to keep pulling it down when we travel.  He did a great job, as always, and I wrapped the wood with fabric to make it look more homey



So Friday July 4th, we headed up to Franca's property, took the rig down a dusty dirt road, and down a skinny little trail into her property.  We had a good time here, hanging with friends, and chilling, and then the official dress up day for "The HoeDown"
We spent Saturday at the lake

 Went on some quad rides
 Love my Franca!! XOXOXO
 Also Love lil Teagan Snow
 Dressed Jemma up with a scarf
 And took a couple group pictures
We had a blast, after this we will be headed across the bridge into the U.P., to Taqhamenom Falls State Park in Paradise, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment