Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Michigan!!!

So We arrived in Michigan on Thursday June 13th, around 6:30pm.  I was so excited to see my Mom!!
Here is a video Shane took showing our set up here, don't mind his last words, he had originally made the video for someone else.
 
We haven't been doing any traveling since we got here, just hanging out with my family.  My niece is here from Florida for 3 weeks, so it has been nice spending time with her here, where she can spend time with all of us together.
 
We have Jemma, my brother has a Great Dane named Roxy, and my Mom has 2 dogs, Max and Diva, so we kind of have our own pack of dogs here.  So we have been taking them for walks, and to the parks, I especially like Lincoln Brick Park, there is a quarry where the dogs can run around and swim, and some nature trails.  Had to stay off the nature trails though after the first trip Jemma scratched her eye, the trails are kinda over grown, but they still have a blast swimming.


 
That's my brother, Dan, and his daughter (my niece) Taylor.
 
We have also been hanging out at my Uncle Steve's house, they have lots of land and a pond, so the dogs love it there too, and my brother can do some fishing there
 And of course we can ride the 4 wheelers there, they have a trail through the woods, that has a steep creek to ride through, it's a lot of fun, especially when there is alcohol involved!! :)



 
And I have been catching up with my girlfriends from high school, it was SOOO nice to see them!!  They invited me to the beer tent for Yankee Doodle Days, and I decided to go and to drag Shane along with me.  He hates beer, and doesn't really care for the bar scene (neither do I) but I wanted to go to see if there was anyone I grew up with there.  Shane actually ended up having a good time with all of us girls!!  How could you not!!  We are a fun crowd when we are all together!







The next day after the beer tent there was a parade through town, and I had told another friend of mine that I would walk with her in it.  She has a program called G.L.A.D. (Great Lakes Assistance Dogs), they train service dogs for kids with disabilities, diabetes, autism, and other things, along with basic obedience training and boarding.  I was happy to help, I Love what they do, I think it is a great program, and they work mostly off of donations, so I donated my time, and we snuck Jemma in and pretended she was in training!! 
It was fun, and I plan on helping her out for the rest of the summer.  Shane has been checking items off his "Sonny do list" that my Mom created for him, and for the most part staying pretty busy doing those things.  Now he his making some training boxes for the service dogs, and has a few other things that need to be done to help with the dogs also, so hopefully we will keep him busy too.

And that's pretty much all there is to tell at this time.  I will update after the 4th of July because we are supposed to be going up north, so I am sure we will have some stories to tell after that!!  :)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment