Thursday, June 6, 2013

The next day

Monday June 3rd

We had a great nights sleep, not a noise around, not even that Red bird that had been tapping on our window for months at our home camp!!  We got up, had a light breakfast, I drank my coffee, Shane drank his sprite, and we headed out to check out the park, and the trails, but unfortunately i forgot my camera!!  So all i can give you is what Shane took with his phone.

O'leno Park is located on the Santa Fe river, and at this location the river does a "sink and rise" where the river all of the sudden disappears underground, and then comes back up at a different location,  although I thought the sink was disappointing, it simply looked like a pond at the end.  I guess I had thought it would be a giant cave leading underground and the water was rushing in it (my imagination I guess).  It was a nice little hike though!!

 And they had a suspended bridge, which was a little eerie walking across
But exciting at the same time!!
After our hike we headed back to camp to get some lunch, and after lunch we just chilled for awhile, relaxing, reading, you know the stuff we NEVER had time to do before.
We took another short walk later in the evening, nothing exciting though, we just walked down to the youth camping area.

After dinner we were going to have another fire but it started raining so we just called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment