Saturday, October 4, 2014

10/3/14 Louisiana State Fair, Shrevport, LA

Oh boy,  feeling a little tired this morning when I woke up at 5:30 for no reason.  I had a weighing scheduled at 7:30 and my alarm was set for 6:00 so I just laid in bed waiting for the alarm to go off.  When it did I got up and got ready for the day.  I had some time so I finished writing yesterdays journal and headed to the weigh site a little early to make sure it wasn't flooded from yesterdays rain.  Everything looked good when I got there so I set up and waited for the RV to arrive.  He showed up right on time so I got him weighed and went over all his weights and tire air pressures.  He was in great shape. 


I loaded everything back into the Toyota and headed home.  By then Jami was up and about to take Jemma on her morning walk, so I grabbed the leash and took Jemma for her walk so Jami could get her morning coffee.  It was much cooler today, a refreshing 63.  Nice!  Once we returned I got a bowl of cereal for breakfast and then Jami and I headed toward the vendors building to start todays work :)  With the cooler temps it was so much better inside the building.  Finally a comfortable temperature inside the vendor building.  We signed up a couple more weighing's today to give us a total of 16 so far.  Originally we were told before coming to this Rally there would be between 500-550 rigs here, once here we were told there was 400-450, then today an actual count was done, 262.  Much lower than we were led to believe.  Even with that number were still not getting the 10% we strive for, oh well.


Jami left to go make some lunch around 12, she returned around 1:30 so I could go home and eat the sandwich she made for me.  Usually we stay in the booth all day together, but with it being so slow there was no point.  At 3:30 I return to watch the booth till closing at 4:30 while Jami went home. 


After work I went home and Jami & I did some of the paperwork for the weighing's we have scheduled so far.  Tomorrow we have to weigh 3 RV that have to leave the Rally early, but at least the first one isn't till 8:30.  We took Jemma for a long walk and returned home to play on our electronic gadgets, eat dinner and watch TV for the night.  We did walk Jemma 1 more time before going to bed around 9:45 :)  I was feeling tired so I could have probably gone to bed even earlier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment