Wednesday, October 8, 2014

10/7/14 Beaver Bend State Park. Broken Bow, OK

I first woke up at 6:00 this morning which didn't surprise me, after all I did go to bed pretty early last night.  But I felt I could do a little better so I laid there a bit longer and was able to fall asleep again and woke up the second time at 7:30.  That's better :) 


I didn't do much before Jami got out of bed around 9:00.  From that point we ate some breakfast and then began preparing for our travel day to "Beaver Bend State Park" in Oklahoma.  This park has a number of campgrounds, but the website doesn't give the best information about them so we decided to just find a place to park our RV when we got there and drive the Toyota around to see all the campgrounds.  We pulled out of our campsite just before 11:00, stopped by the dump station and then hit the road by 11:15. 


It was an easy drive on mostly 2 lane roads the whole way.  Once we arrived at beaver Bend State Park we followed the first signs we saw for camping and found a large pull off where we could park the RV.  This pull off was next to this bridge with a water overflow.



Jami drove ahead to look at the first campground named "Fern", but it was to small for us.  Jami picked me up and we drove through  "Cypress", "Acorn" & Buckeye", any of the sites that we would have wanted were taken so Jami dropped me off at the RV and continued on to look at "Armadillo Circle", "Quail Circle" & "Turkey Circle".  Once I got to the other side of the park where these campgrounds are I pulled over and waited for Jami to finish looking at the next 3 campgrounds.  She called me and had me go to "Armadillo Circle campground", so I headed that way and pulled over on a pull off in front of the campground and began walking it till Jami got there.  We picked a 50amp/water site for $20 a night, there are a few sites with full hook ups for $23 a night but we didn't care for them as much. 



We got backed in and set up fairly quickly and took Jemma for a walk around the campground.  Then we decided to take a drive around the park.  First we stopped by a what is called a "Spill Over", it looks like a dam to me.




Then we're on our way to the marina when I decided to turn down a different road when I could see the water through the trees on my left side. I just couldn't help myself but to turn in that direction once I saw the blue water.  It turned out to be a boat ramp, but we saw a motorhome parked just off the blacktop and set up as if he was camped there.  I parked and walked over to the family with the motorhome and began talking to them about camping in this area.  I learned that as long as your not on the blacktop you can park any RV in any area designated for camping, or what the signs say "Tent Camping".  OH!!!  That was interesting, so now we decided to drive to check out other areas of camping.  Like this awesome area!!!

This is the best camp site ever!!!  Now we have to decide if we want to move here.  There is no hook-up at these so called "Tent Camping" sites and we think it might be a little to hot to sleep without the A/C running.  We'll think about it some more before deciding.  After driving around a number of camping areas we finally headed home and came across this deer on the side of the road that wasn't afraid of us.

 I stopped in the road next to her and she just stood there looking at us while we snapped a picture.  Then Jemma decided to begin barking which did scare the deer away.  Once home Jami cooked dinner and we sat down in front of the TV to eat and watch yesterdays showing of the "Voice" that we recorded.  After dinner I got a shower and we sat down to watch todays show of the "Voice".  That was a lot of TV and it was after 10pm so we took Jemma outside so she could go potty and then headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment