Wednesday, October 1, 2014

9/30/14 Louisiana Fair Grounds, Shrevport LA

I woke at 6:30 this morning, but there was no way I was going to get out of bed yet, so I laid there till I fell back asleep.  I finally did and the next time I woke it was 8:45, that works :)  So I got up and did my morning usual, go outside, play on my tablet, get on my laptop and eventually, I'll hear Jami moving around so I'll start her coffee, which was at 9:45 this morning.  Today was travel day, but at least it was only about an hour away to get to Louisiana Fair Grounds in Shrevport, LA. so there was no rush to get going.  We both sat outside and chatted about todays move and our plans once we arrive.  Around 11:00 we decided to start preparing to hit the road so we ate some breakfast and packed up.  We pulled out of our campsite and headed to the dump station.  Once done there we were on the road around 12:30pm.  The drive was boring being we were on I-20 the whole way.  The section of I-20 we had to travel was very bumpy with the concrete expansion joints not being aligned/even.  We did hit some traffic that took about 20 minuets to get through.  It turned out to be a semi truck with a blown front tire in the fast lane, the police were on site directing traffic while a large tow truck was hooking up to the semi.   Once through that mess we only had about 15 minutes to go to take our exit #14.  We followed the direction provided to us from the Rally, and arrived right where we were supposed to.  They directed us to the vendor parking and got us backed in right where they wanted us, which was about 2' from our neighbor.  That's one thing about doing Rallies in places where you park in a parking lot, they pack you in like sardines.


Once we got settled in and we gave the air conditioner time to cool the rig down for our animals we headed to the vendor display area to get signed in and set up at our booth.  It did take awhile for the RV to cool down since we only have 30 amp electric so we can only run 1 of our rooftop air-conditioners.  We got checked in and saw where our booth is so we headed back home to get our booth supplies and went back to set it up.  Our booth set up is pretty easy, we only have to hang our banner saying "RV weighing's by RVSEF" put our black tablecloth over the provided table and this time we decided to add our homemade table leg extenders to raise the height of the table so people don't have to bend over to write.  That took a whole 15 minuets and we were done.


We headed back home and grabbed Jemma and headed out in the Toyota to grab a bite to eat.  Jami was starving so we hit the first drive thru we passed,  McDonalds it is :)  Now Jami never made the announcement that she was getting a meal deal, but I did announce I was getting one :)  That's rare for me, so we both ordered a #1 which is a Big Mac meal deal.  We thought that was funny that we both wanted the same thing.  We got our food and parked in the parking lot to scarf it down, I was pretty darn hungry too, since we skipped lunch, this will be early dinner.


On the way back we drove all around the fair grounds trying to find a good spot to weigh RV's on Saturday & Sunday.  With all the room and vast parking lots we thought that would be an easy thing to find, welp, we were wrong.  We managed to eventually find 2 places that would work, now we just have to get approval from the Rally and Fair grounds to use 1 of the locations.  Once back home we took Jemma for a short walk so she could go potty.  While walking we saw a DJI Phanton Aerial UAV Drone Quadcopter  flying around.  I've been interested in getting one of these so I saw who was flying it and went over to talk to him.  It turns out its was an employee of the fairgrounds taking video and pictures of the Rally.  I was so impressed how stable it was in the air so I inquired which quadcopter it was, he told me and then told me the price, $1400 or so!  Ya, put that in your pipe and smoke it.  I wont be getting that one :)

We walked back home, went inside and we both jumped onto our laptops.  I started writing this journal entry while Jami was doing something on her's, not sure what, but she was focused :)  She did break away long enough to bake some brownies, The whole camper started smelling of brownies in the oven, I was like a dog with drool dripping from my bottom lip.  So I decided I best go get in the shower before I was too tempted to open the oven and scoop a spoon full.  Being the oven is in plain view from about anywhere in the RV, I'm thinking I would have gotten caught :)  So off to the shower I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment