Friday, October 3, 2014

10/2/14 Louisiana State Fair, Shrevport, LA

I woke up this morning at 6:10 to the sounds of our cat coughing.  I laid there trying to get back asleep, but it wasn't happening.  So at 6:30 I got up, got dressed and was headed towards my laptop when Jemma jumped out of bed and headed to the door.  Okay, I guess it's walk time :)  I put on my shoes and off we went walking across the parking lot to the nearest grass area.  She wasted no time taking care of business so we walked some more before heading back home.  Once we got back I put Jemma back in bed with Jami.  I started Jami's coffee and then began working on my laptop.  Jami was out of bed around 7:20 and by 7:45 we were both ready for our day ahead, but we didn't have to be at our booth in the Vendor building till 9:00 so we wasted time on our tablets playing games till it was time to make the  2 minuet walk to our booth.


Like yesterday it was already getting hot and walking into the Vendor building was no better.  Luckily today they actually aimed a fan in our direction from behind us so we pulled the curtains to the sides to allow the ever-so-slight breeze reach us.  It was a help, but it was still a miserable day with the heat.  We only signed up 2 more people today making it a total of 13 weighing's so far.  This Rally has turned out to be very disappointing to say the least.  The people running it are great, just not a great showing by the attendees.  Around 1:00 Jami left the let Jemma out and to go to the Doggie Parade.  Due to the heat they didn't actually have the parade, the dogs were already getting to hot just standing outside in the sun, but Jemma did get some free doggie toys :)  Jami brought me a sandwich for lunch and went back to the RV with Jemma.  In all fairness I must mention that Jami did offer to let me go home while she stayed in the sauna, I mean booth :)  Just after I finished eating my sandwich a golf cart was driving through the building handing out free "Blue Bell" ice-cream, that hit the spot!!


4:30 couldn't arrive soon enough for me to go home into the A/C so at 4:29 I was headed to the door :)  Jami & Jemma meet me at the door and we walked back to our rig so I could relax in the cold A/C.  Jami began making a dish for a "Vendors Only" pot luck that we were going to at 6pm.  Around 5:45 we hopped in the truck and drove over to the building where we were told to go and when we arrived the doors were locked,  Hmmm.   Thinking we misunderstood where we were supposed to be we began driving around looking at other building trying to find where the pot luck was at.  With no luck we drove back to the original building and this time it was unlocked with people inside.  I guess when they 6, they  mean 6 on the nose, not 5:55 :)  We placed our dish on the table and began chatting with some of the vendors, before long we were ready to eat so we filled our plates and sat down.  It was a small group of about 20 which made it easier to get to know everyone.  After about an hour we departed and went back home before the predicted storms rolled in.


We took Jemma for a nice walk knowing it may be the last chance to do so before the storms rolled in.  Boy were we right, just as we returned the rain began.  After about 30 minuets of some pretty heavy rain the real storm hit.  The predicted weather report was saying up to 60 mph winds so a number of people pulled there slide outs in.  As the winds picked up we did put our rooftop satellite down and was prepared to pull our slide outs in if it got bad enough.  Unlike a motorhome, when we put our slide outs in we cant get to the living room or the bed room so we wont put our slide outs in unless we have to.  The worst part of the storm lasted about 30-45 minuets, but continued to rain for the rest of the evening.  The rain slowed just a bit so we took Jemma outside in hopes she would go potty on the asphalt under our rig, luckily she did so we went back inside and went to bed.  With the storms we were up later than I wanted to be, I have a weighing tomorrow morning at 7:30 so I was hoping to be in bed around 10:00,  we were getting in bed closer to 11:00.  Hope the rain doesn't flood our weigh site, we'll find out tomorrow morning.


Sorry for the lack of pictures, with my computer not working correctly it takes a lot more time to do it using Jami's new computer.  With not very interesting pictures to take at this Rally it hasn't been worth the effort :)  But I will get my computer fixed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment