Tuesday, September 30, 2014

9/29/14 Beaver Dam Campground, Minden, LA

Today I was up at a more normal time for me, 7:30.  Once up I began working on my laptop.  Most of the time when I'm on my laptop I'm usually working on this blog, financials or a few other small projects I have.  Today it was all about this blog.  I'm having trouble posting pictures so I was working on that most of the morning till Jami got out of bed around 9:30 with no luck :(


We both sat outside enjoying the warm weather and our awesome campsite.  That is one thing we really love about this lifestyle, our view is constantly changing.  And we've been able to enjoy a lot of those so called "million dollar views" for around $20 bucks a night :)  Jami and I chatted and played on our tablets for awhile, then we ate some breakfast before taking Jemma on a walk around the campground.  Being a Monday all the weekenders left yesterday leaving only 3 other campers in the whole park.  NICE!!!!   Don't get me wrong, we love meeting and chatting with people, but we find most of the time on the weekends there can be a lot going on with the family's camping that we tend to stay close to our campsite.  During the week it seems to be easier to meet more full-timers/part-timers or couples around the campgrounds. 

Jami decided today would be laundry day so she started a load of laundry.  We have a combo washer/dryer in our rig "Splendide 2100" to do laundry.  Its a lot different than doing laundry in a house with a normal washer & dryer.  There are debates all over the internet on them about how large of a load you can do, wrinkled cloths, wash/dry times and so on.  We actually love it, now it does take about 2-3 hours to do a load of laundry from wash to dry and a load is about 3 pairs of shorts and 3 shirts. As long as we don't over stuff it we don't seem to have any wrinkling problems which is important cause most RV'ers don't iron, including us :)  Now a separate washer & dryer would be nice, but we were unwilling to give up the extra space it would have taken up.  The only time we have to use a laundry mat is when we need to wash a comforter, other than that everything else we can do in our Splendide 2100. 

When we returned I decided I would remove the screen on our Fantastic vent fan in the bathroom and clean it.  It snaps out easily so I got it out and went out side to hose it off.  Easy enough job even a cave man could do it :)  Once done it was back to the computer for an hour or two to see if I could get some pictures to upload into yesterdays post, Nope :(  I think I need a "Blogging for Dummies" book or something, so frustrating!   

I moved on and started working on a Financial/Budget page to add to this blog to help people that are looking into this lifestyle see what it cost us to live it.  Its broken down into categories and monthly expenses in each along with what we budgeted.  I think it will be very helpful to those looking into this lifestyle.  Of-course that has turned out to be challenging too :)  So it may take me a bit longer to get that posted, be patient. 

There is a Dam at this park so we decided to take the walking trail to see it, but we didn't want to walk as far as we did yesterday so we drove the truck down to the boat ramp and jumped on the trail from there.  First we took Jemma down the boat ramp so she could take a dip in the water, that always helps her stay cool for awhile when we go walking.  Once she was good and soaked we were off to the dam.  While on the trail we had another trail merge into ours, about 5 minuets later we learned that was probably the trail were should have turned on, so we retraced our path and turn onto the merging trail.

 We arrived at what I can only describe as disappointment.  I guess technically its a dam, but I think its more of a overflow.

 There was a walking bridge so we walked over it and to the other side of the "so called" dam. 




We walked back to the truck and drove back to our campsite.  It was just over a mile walk, perfect for Jemma.  She needed a nap after all the adventures
Chillin like a villain :)
 
I tried again to upload photo's to yesterdays post with no luck :(  I then tried to update the maps in our GPS, couldn't do that either,  AARG!!  I usually don't think of myself as a dufus, but I may be second guessing that here soon :)  So I grabbed my tablet and played a few games trying to calm down.  Jami went inside to work on her computer and then began cooking dinner.  After dinner we both got showers and sat down to watch some TV.  Jami decided to use here computer to see if she could upload photo's to the blog, SUCCESS!!!!  We tried again on my computer and it didn't work so there must be something work with my laptop.  I did get a message saying my graphic card has an error so maybe that's the problem.  Anyway, Jami got the pictures posted in yesterday journal if you want to go back and see them.  We watched TV till midnight before going to bed.  Tomorrow we only have about an hours drive to Shrevport, LA where we're working the FMCA Six State Rally so theres no rush to leave early.

No comments:

Post a Comment