Saturday, September 13, 2014

9/12/14 Checking things out

     For those that don't know, we go to a few RV Rally's each year to give seminar's about RV weights and Tire safety plus we actually weigh RV's with portable scales that we carry with us.  Our employer is RVSEF.  Well, tomorrow were scheduled to arrive at a Carriage Rally about a 1/2 hour from where were at so we took a drive to the campground where it's being held to get a lay of the land.  We meet the people in charge of the Rally and got to see where I'll be giving my seminar and where our weigh site will be.  Every thing looked great so we did a quick drive by campsite #49 where we will be parked tomorrow, nice campsite and we can get satellite TV with our roof top satellite, Sweet!  On our way back home we had planned on stopping by Wal-Mart, but decided to scrap that idea due to the parking lot being full and the crazy amount of traffic due to the hug car show going on. 

     Once back home I started working on a "Campground Reviews" page.  It was very time consuming and even though we have written down every campground we've been to, sometimes I couldn't remember anything about it so the reviews themselves are short.  I've gotten all of last years campgrounds inputted and the first couple from this year.  The closer I get to the more recent ones the better detailed the review will be.  If you want to take a look at it click on the link that says "Campground Reviews" at the top right of this page.  Its in map form that is numbered so you can see the order and direction of our travels.  Its a work in progress. 

     After that I was texting back and forth with my Mom, then she tired of the texting and just called me :)  My folks are currently renovating there house from one end to the other so we talked about flooring, bathrooms and so on.  Then I received a phone call from Tom, my partner in a plumbing company we owned together and long time best friend.  One of our long time employees Aaron is moving out of state to help take care of him Mom who ill and we were discussing what to get him before he leaves.   Aaron was not only a great employee, but a good friend as well.  I will really miss him when we get back to Florida and he's not there.

     We haven't had a campfire in the last few days so we decided last night we would have one, so while I was taking a shower Jami built the fire and had it fired up by the time I got back outside.  Sweet!  We sat out by the fire, had a glass of wine and mostly chatted about our move tomorrow and the Carriage Rally.  We called it a night around 10:30 and headed inside to get ready for bed.

1 comment:

  1. We miss Aaron, too! And you guys!! :)

    - Brittany

    ReplyDelete