Saturday, September 27, 2014

9/26/14 Travel Day Bonita Lakes RV Park. Meridian, MS

I slept in this morning rolling out of bed a little after 8am.  Jami followed at 8:30am.  We were in no rush to leave so we putted around till about 10 when we started to pack up.  Being we pulled into our site facing the wrong way it took a little longer than normal to pull out.  Jami guided me as I backed down the road where I could drive forward out of the "West Loop" campground.  I pulled into the dump station while Jami continued on to a gas station to fill up the Toyota with gas.  Once I finished with that always lovely job I was on the road  at 11:15am.  The first 6 miles is a wind road down the mountain, which was much nicer than the drive UP the mountain :)  Once down the mountain I meet up with Jami and we got onto I-59 south.

I love roads like this,  No traffic, smooth, rolling hills
 
 
 
Now once we got near Birmingham the traffic picked up, we exited onto 495 around the city and rejoined I-59 again which is also I-20.  We arrived at "Bonita Lakes RV Park" at 4pm and got checked in at the office, then pulled into our campsite #28. 
 
 
About the only word that comes to mind when trying to describe this campground is "Dump".  Its a run down campground that services either long-term rentals for people that have temporary work in the area or 1 night stays like us.  Now it does have full hook ups with 50amp electric so I rated it a 2 out of 10 on my campground reviews page :)  Here is something you don't see every day,

 
Yep, a window A/C in each slide out window.  We got set up quickly, I entered the address for tomorrows travel day in the GPS's and did a little work on my laptop computer.  The GPS's and I are working together again, but I now print out the directions on the computer before each trip just to make sure the GPS has me going the way I want.  Jami made the announcement that she wanted me to cook tonight so we jumped in the truck to find a place to eat :).   First we stopped to fill the Toyota with gas and then headed to Chick-fil-A for dinner.  We went through the drive thru and headed home.  We went inside , ate dinner and watched TV as  more campers continued to trickle in, What started out as a fairly empty section of campground was almost full by 10pm.  During our travels here we went through a time zone so we gained and hour, so with the clock saying 10:30 and my body saying 11:30 I was off to bed.  I felt like my head was getting a little stuffy so I took some Nyquil, yah, I should sleep good tonight :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment