Friday, September 26, 2014

9/25/14 Relaxing Cloudland Cayon State Park, GA

I was able to sleep in till 8:15 this morning, no doubt due to the calmness of camping in a secluded park with little to no noise.  Jami was awake but laid in bed till 8:30 waiting for her coffee to brew :)  We sat outside with light coats on, Jami enjoying her morning coffee time and I was just enjoying the lack of anything around us.  I desperately need to wash the RV and not seeing anything in the rules prohibiting it I'm thinking that will be on todays "to do" list for later.  First we want to do a small hike on the "Overlook" trail.

Around 10:30 or so we jumped in the truck and drove down to the trail head about 4 miles away, but still located in this park.  As soon as we got to the trail head this is what we saw!


 
 
Oh ya, I think we'll enjoy this trail :)  The trail follows the edge of the mountain for almost a mile so off we went.


Outlook Ahead :)



 




 


Once we finished that trail we drove to another area of the park where there is a trail that takes you to tower and an animal viewing area.  We weren't expecting to see any animals in the middle of the day, but what the heck, ya never know. :)  The trail to the viewing tower was short, but steep.  Yep, I'm feeling the burn in my legs from yesterdays stairs.  We need to get in better shape.  Once there the tower was not very tall, I had it in my head it was going to be this large tower about 60' tall.  Kind of glad it wasn't, that just means, yep, more stairs :)


There is a fishing pond beyond the tower so I'm sure in the early morning you can see numerous animals.  We made the climb back up the trail to the parking lot where we parked and drove back home.  It was so beautiful outside I decided before I attempt to wash the RV I would sit outside and begin writing todays journal entry and upload all the pictures.  Jami got a picture of me doing just that :)  Sneaky
 
So while I was doing that Jami gave Jemma a bath.  She needed it after finding some deer poo today on our walk and rolling in it.  Sheesh!  After Jemma was all clean again and I was caught up on todays journal i decided it was time to wash the RV.  So here I go, I'll be back :)

 Clean Jemma :)
 
 
Okay, I'm back :)  I washed the RV, dually truck and ate lunch.  It all took about 21/2 hours so it was getting close to dinner time.  I started working on the "Campground Reviews" page and got it caught up to our current campground.  Wow has that been a work in progress.  Now that I'm caught up the reviews should get much more detailed with a more accurate rating.  While I was finishing that up Jami was cooking dinner on the grill.  Yes, I usually do all the grill cooking, but Jami knows how time consuming and difficult it is to enter in all of the campsites we've been to so she let me get it done while she grilled the BBQ chicken.  Oh was that yummy!  After we ate outside on the picnic table Jami jumped in the shower while I did the dishes and then it was my turn in the shower.  Tonight is campfire night so we were getting excited for the sun to go down. :) 
 
Once out of the shower I went outside, Jami had wine poured and the fire started.  I carried some more wood from the truck to the fire pit and assumed my fire watching position in my chair :)
 
Jemma already in here fire watching position, Jami getting ready to assume here position in the chair.
 
 
I was texting with my Mom when we heard a group of coyotes hooting & hollering.  They weren't to terribly close, but close enough for us to keep our guard up.  They would stop for a bit and then start the howling again as they slowly made there way around the campground.  We called it a night just after 10:30 and were in bed by 11pm.  Now when we go to sleep we turn the TV on and set the sleep timer for it to turn off, well last nice we got involved in a movie so we didn't get to sleep till after midnight.  Tomorrow is a travel day :(  So stayed tuned to see where we end up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment