Wednesday, September 17, 2014

9/16/14 Some Trip Planning, a Seminar and Rain

I woke at 7am, but laid in bed till 7:30 before getting up.  I started working on our travel route and places to stay once were done with this Rally and the next Rally on Tuesday 9/23.  We have 1 week to travel to Shreveport,  Louisiana for the "FMCA Six State Rally" where we will be giving 1 seminar and weighing RV's.  It's a fast pace for us to travel that fare in that short amount of time, I know, we're slow movers.  The most we like to travel in 1 day is 150 miles and we always try not to do 1 night stays.  We like to have time to explore an before moving on.  After all, that's why were living this lifestyle.  To see America!  And eventually Canada too!  At 8:30 I went up to the building where the seminars are being held to sit in on Gary Wheelers seminar about Mor/ryde and there product.  It was a great seminar which I learned a lot about there business and products.  Once it was over I went up front to make sure my computer would work with there ceiling mounted projector and to see if I need to bring an extension cord for my laptop computer.  My battery will last long enough for me to do my seminar, but I always worry about it cause it did go dead I would be up the creek :)  Everything was in working order to I walked back home, Jami had gotten up just after I left so she was well into her morning coffee when I arrived.  We chatted a bit about the Mor/ryde seminar and I began going over my seminar.  It had been over a month sense I've given a seminar so I just wanted to familiarize my self again and make sure everything was in the slide show that I wanted.

Then Jami and I went over some of next years scheduling trying to get an idea on our general travel direction.  As of now it looks like we'll be doing 1 show and 1 Rally in Florida early in the year, then possibly 1 Rally in TN, 2 or 3 in Elkhart IN, 1 in Iowa and 1 in Wisconsin.  This could all change tomorrow as most (if not all) hasn't been finalized yet by RVSEF or the Rallies.  I will let you know more as soon as I know, but it probably will be a few months before that happens.

Jami fixed us some lunch and then we took Jemma for a walk before headed to the seminar building for my 3pm seminar on RV Weigh & Tire Safety.  We arrived about 2:40 and got everything set up and running.  We talked with a few people while waiting for 3 o'clock to arrive.  We had 34 people attend the seminar which lasted 1hr & 15min.  I felt the seminar went well and people showed a great interest in the information.  I even had 3 people come up from to thank and compliment me on the seminar.  That always makes me feel good!  A few people turned in there paperwork to be weighed and a few new attendees signed up.  As of now we have 31 people signed up for weighing's.  That's GREAT!


Yep, That's me :)

Just before Jami & I were about to head home the skies open up and the rain came down, fortunately it didn't last long so we had a dry walk to the truck.  Once home we realized we left 2 chairs and Jemma's bed out side not under the awning plus our slippers that Jami washed earlier and put outside to dry, Shoot.  We took Jemma for another walk, I know, she gets lots of walks!  What can I say, we spoil her plus it gets us out walking.  I know I could stand to lose a pound or two :)  On the way back it started to rain again so we made a mad dash back home with Jemma in the lead pulling me along.

Once back home Jami made a delicious dinner of pork chops, mashed potatoes and corn.  It was soooo good.  I wish I had taken a picture of it.  Jami is a GREAT cook!!!  I'm spoiled too :)  We didn't do much else, watched some TV and called it a night.  Tomorrow we don't have much going on so we'll see what kind of trouble we can get ourselves in :)

Shane Hess

No comments:

Post a Comment