Tuesday, September 23, 2014

9/22/14 Work & then a very short move

I was up at 6:45am this morning to get ready to weigh the last 5 RV's today.  We had notified them that we would be at the weigh site between 8 - 12 today.  A saw a RV drive by at 7:30 so then I was thinking I'd better get to the weigh site incase that was one of the people getting weighed.  I drove up front thinking I would see him waiting for me, but for a change there was no one there :)  Usually if we tell them well be there at 8 they show up at 7:30.  It was chilly this morning, 57is what the truck thermometer said.  Brrrr. 
 

I got set up and the first one showed up at 7:50.  I decided that I would leave Jami in bed since there was only 5 to weigh.  That should score me some points with the wife :)  I got that one weighed and then waited for the next one to show.  I was hoping they would all show up before 10 so I didn't have to hang out there till 12.  Wishful thinking.  Jami showed up at 8:45 and waited with me for the next RV to arrive.  Time goes by so slow when your sitting around waiting.  At 9:15 (3) showed up 1 right after another, NICE!!  By 9:50 we were done with those 3 and just waiting for the last one to show.  Luckily we didn't have to wait too long, my fear was they wouldn't arrive till 11:55, but at 10:15 there they were!  We finished up around 10:30 and headed back home to begin packing up the RV to drive the 10 miles to "Two Rivers RV Resort" where we've been weighing some of the Newmar coaches.  The official name of the Rally is "HOOTS II". 


We were packed up and pulling out of our site #49 by 11:30am and all re-set up at "Two Rivers" by 12 :)  That's been the shortest and fastest travel day we've ever had.

 
 The campground, 1 street
 

This evening Jami has an "Origami Owl" showing here at 5pm in the office lobby so she set everything up on a table in our campsite #43 just to make sure she was prepared for when she did it later.  While she was doing that I took our dually to the gas station to fill up on diesel fuel.  It took $204, Ouch! and it wasn't even empty.  I shouldn't complain, the fuel price is pretty low in this area,  $3.04 for gas & 3.45 for diesel, of course don't forget to add that .9 cents to that :)  When I got back she was all done and began putting everything back away and loaded in the Toyota truck to drive down to the office later.  It was a beautiful day with a high of 72 predicted and not a cloud in the sky with a breeze.  I'll take it!!  Being so nice and nothing really to do we decided to take Jemma for a walk,  we haven't been walking her much the last few days so it was time to let her stretch those legs.

We walked about 3/4 of a mile around the block that the campground is on,  Jemma was getting pretty hot so we headed back to the RV.  Walter & Amy were just walking out of the campground laundry mat as we were walking by so we walked together to our campsite and hung out chatting till 3:45 when Jami had to start getting ready for her jewelry show.

Jami headed to the office at 4:15 to get set up and I walked down there at 5:00 to see how it looked.


 
 
I left her to it and joined Walter & Amy for dinner at another Mexican restaurant.  The food was delicious and the service was good too.  We got back just before 7pm, Walter and I stayed outside by the office with Jemma while Amy went inside and helped Jami pack up.  She had a few sales and was pleased with the showing.  We all went back to our respective campers, I ordered a "Chipotle Burrito" to go from the restaurant so Jami ate that before we walked over to Walter and Amy's campsite #46 to have some wine and chat.  We called it a night just after 10pm and walked home.  I had let Ivy (Our Cat) outside before we went over to Walter & Amy's, we normally let her outside and she never goes far, usually hangs out under our camper.  Well when we got back she was nowhere to be found, we quietly called for her with no luck so we went inside and went to bed.  Worried about her I woke up a number of times through out the night and went outside to see if she came back.  Nope.  She had a stroke a few months back so she's on medication and has been doing very well.  We're praying nothing happened and she'll return tomorrow.  Well keep looking for her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment